Sunday 25 July 2010

Always Trending


A very Spiritual Sunday to you all!
You know, I'm a bit of a butterfly, a flibbety-gibbett, when it comes to fashions, trends, whatever. I easily tire of the same old. I scour the shelves of vintage shops and flea markets looking for shabby chic-that's the gospel truth, as sure as I sit here on my unicycle wearing Darcy Bussell's tutu! No, of course I don't. Not only would I be too big for Darcy's stuff, but I normally only make it to Marks and Spencer.
 I do like to be dapper and often buy sharp new gear. Have to keep up my matinee idol status. My only problem with fashion is that my trousers no longer stay up of their own accord. Don't get the wrong idea. I haven't taken up flashing. It's just my behind has vanished and my tummy has a continental shelf! I have had to take a belt and braces approach. Anyway, the ladies find me irresistible and that is the main thing!
Watched BB#11 again last night. It seems the trend with some young ladies is for everything to be false, including the eyelashes and hair. I can't consider adding eyelashes as mine currently are so bushy that I am providing a complete eco-system for a flock of rare birds- I'm environmentally friendly, with the emphasis on 'mental'! Do you think hair extensions would work with a combover?
One worrying trend is that 1in 4 boys and 1 in 3 girls is obese. 'Bazaarly', (pun there, as Marks started as a penny bazaar), M&S are selling trousers with waistbands up to 23 inches to cater for 4 year olds who are obese. That's wide, rather than high fashion!
Another unfortunate trend now is that 1 in 5 girls are pregnant at least once by age 18. The abortion rates are astronomical and it seems due to casual attitudes to sex and lack of responsibility. Well, hate to sound like the grumpy ol' git(gog) that I am, but this is an issue for parents, society and government to sort out asap!

One trendsetter has been lost to the world today. The amazing snooker-ace Alex Higgins has died- a tortured genius, colourful and flamboyant. They don't come along very often, these bright candles that snuff themselves out early.
Anyway, on the brighter side, I leave you now with the thought that I will venture forth to grace the world with my stylish presence and je ne sais quoi- I don't know what it means either!

Yours flamboyantly yet coyly

The Gogfather

No comments:

Post a Comment